Real Estate Ransom


Frequently Asked Questions
Other than the map on this site, where can I learn more about my city’s POS Inspection Policy?
Most cities have their ordinances or helpful information posted to its website. ACAR also has a listing of municipalities in its jurisdiction with contact information and other details.
If my city has a POS inspection, do I need to get a private inspection?
Realtors® recommend buyers hire a private home inspector to conduct a thorough inspection on your behalf. These inspections are conducted by an expert professional, report findings are yours to use during negotiations and are much more thorough than a city inspection.
If I have to place funds in escrow, when can I access them?
There is no clear cut answer to this, as it depends on the city and the policy enacted by its council.
Who can I talk to learn more about point of sale policies?
Contact ACAR’s Government Affairs Director by email or phone (216.525.4834)

Have a Point Of Sale story you'd like to share with us?

City Map

Point of Sale Video

POS Study